September 18, 2014
A well-run event is something of an organisational masterpiece. Of course, every artist needs tools, so from venue directories to email marketing solutions we’ve compiled a list of resources to help you express your inner Da Vinci.
Some events need solutions on a grand scale, others may be simpler and more DIY. Wherever you sit on the spectrum, consider this your starting point to cover all bases.
1. Free Index – A UK business directory with over 415k listings, across all kinds of categories. – basically the Yellow Pages of today.
2. iLondon – Focusing just on London, this directory has 161k businesses in – that’s a lot of choice for just one city.
Location and venues:
5. Showcase – “The International Music Business Guide” – a database of over 10,000 international music business contacts.
6. LastMinuteMusicians.com – Event entertainment specialists; a directory for bands, DJs as well as lights and sound equipment.
7. Party Sounds – Band database, searchable by both geography and genre.
8. Harque: Music/TV/Film – A sub-directory from “specialists in business to business directories”.
9. AudioVisualDirectory – Focusing on the equipment side of things,
10. British St Food – Purveyors of street food offering custom solutions to suit your event.
11. Food Hawkers: Independent food traders – A great selection of independent caterers you can book especially for your event.
12. Elliot Loohire – the UK’s largest supplier of portable toilets and regular on-site servicing
13. Simply Loos – Portable toilet and luxury toilet trailer hire
14. Business Directory UK – The cleaning services sub-category of a business directory company that’s been around for 15 years.
15. A.G. Cleaning Services – A professional cleaning company operating in London since 2003.
16. MailChimp – A simple, free (or low-cost) tool to send slick, classy marketing emails like a pro. With ticketscript’s sophisticated integration, this is extremely powerful.
17. Promotion on Facebook – With the possibility of selling tickets directly from Facebook, combined with the content and social media marketing potential, it’s an essential platform for event promotion.
– – – – –