August 13, 2015
Planning and hosting an event can be challenging but incredibly rewarding. Here’s what not to do if you want people to remember your event for all the right reasons.
1. Don’t book a venue. Don’t even tell anyone where it is. Why would you? It’s not anywhere.
Take time to find the perfect venue for your event. It sounds simple, but make sure you include the address on all event communications too.
2. Tell everyone Justin Timberlake will be there, but actually just hire that guy who busks outside Morrisons.
Get people excited about your event but make sure you can deliver on what you promise. Book some unique entertainment and release staggered teaser updates to keep up the momentum before the big day.
3. Make a poster in MS Paint. Post it on Twitter with the caption “all the cool kids are going”. Event promotion = sorted.
If you don’t get marketing, don’t worry. Ticketscript can help with event promotion. Social media, online ads and emails are just some of the things we’ve got covered.
4. Theme? You don’t need a theme! Decorate with lawn flamingos, a harvest festival display, and anything else that looks cool.
You can’t please everyone, so try to really understand your target audience. The clearer you are about who you’re targetting, the more your event will appeal to the right people.
5. Forget about tickets. Realise you’ve forgotten about tickets. Panic.
Whether you’re selling 100 tickets or 10,000, Ticketscript can help. It’s easy to create a customised online ticketshop with us and get selling.
6. Say refreshments will be provided. ‘Refreshments’ means one bowl of crisps, but they won’t know.
Whenever you’re getting people together, they’ll expect certain things. Food, drinks and toilets may seem like the basics but they can make or break an event.
No matter what kind of event you’re hosting, you want to get it right. Get started with Ticketscript today and we’ll help you make it one to remember.