November 18, 2015

9 Reasons You Should Have a Company Blog

To celebrate National Blogging Month we’ve decided to share some advice on the importance of blogging as a business. Did you know that only 1% of the internet creates content? That leaves the other 99% as content consumers. Blogging’s nothing new, but with a stat like that its position within marketing your business still remains forefront. So, here’s why you should get cracking on a blog, if you don’t have one already:

It’s a PR vehicle

If you’re looking to create awareness around your latest event or project then a blog is a great starting point. It’s the perfect place to share your knowledge and thoughts about the industry, giving you a window to build trust and position yourself as an expert.


It’s practically free

Ok, so dependent on what stage you’re at with your website/blog, it’s mostly free. If you’re looking at deploying WordPress then you may want to pay a small amount for a decent template and possibly a domain name. However, in comparison to more traditional media like posters and TV, that cost is peanuts!


It helps you build an audience

According to a HubSpot survey, 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers. Blogging helps you provide information of value to potential customers. It gives them advice and provides them with content that can help them with their everyday lives.

It also serves as a strong ground for creating two-way conversations with customers. It encourages interaction, comments and feedback.


It gives you insight into your audience

You can track readers, click-throughs, popular topics, comments and what day of the week visitors prefer to visit your site via blog analytics.


It provides you with multi-channel marketing content

Having a blog means having content to share on your social media platforms, which in turn continues to engage your audience and build your community.


It’s an SEO machine

Search engines, like Google, always appreciate valuable content, and therefore, reward it.


It positions you as a leader

In order to write great blog content, you need to know what your competition is doing and what the latest industry news is. By doing this and sharing your knowledge, your audience begins to depend on you for the latest and most valued information in the industry. An example could be to write about the latest artists or venues to open up, and make sure to mention you’ll  be using them for your events!


Get online, and better things will happen offline

According to Intelius Shows, 78% of consumers consider it important to look up information about businesses before making purchases. Your blog provides you with the perfect opportunity to give your brand a voice and say who you really are, and why customers should trust you.

Put yourself at a competitive advantage and start your blog today to drive more attendees to your events!


It’s a careers’ tool

Blogs can also be used to share information about latest employees and the company culture. It positions your brand in a positive light, demonstrating your expertise and making it more attractive to potential employees.

So, whether you’re hiring your next marketing manager or simply looking for some volunteers to help you out with your next event, a blog is a great way to help you draw in the right talent.


To set up your blog, look at tools such as Tumblr, Blogger and/or WordPress. For more information on blog best practices tune into the follow up blog in a couple of days.