MailChimp is a great email marketing tool that allows you to send up to 12,000 emails per month for free. Email marketing is a great way to increase your advance tickets sales, you can let your previous ticket buyers know that you have an event coming up and encourage them to buy tickets. MailChimp provides all sorts of great templates, even event specific templates to make your emails look fabulous!
Connecting your ticketscript account to your MailChimp account will make your life easier as all those ticket buyers that request to stay informed about future events will have their contact info automatically added to your MailChimp account. No more exporting and importing lists – we’ve done the hard work for you!
- First log on to the ticketscript dashboard, click on ‘Settings’ in the black menu at the top of the page, click ‘Connect’. Scroll down to MailChimp at the bottom of the page and click on ‘Step 1: Create your personal MailChimp account and return to this page’. This will direct you to MailChimp’s website where you can create a free account.
- Next you need to create a List in your MailChimp account where ticket buyer info will be automatically updated. You could call this list ‘ticket buyers’ for instance.
- Once you’ve set up the list, click on your account name in the left hand column (under the mailchimp picture). This will expand the menu and you’ll see the ‘Account’ option, click on it. You should see ‘Extras’ as an option. Click on this drop down menu. Now click on the ‘API Keys’ menu.
- Mid way down this page you’ll see your list of API keys (if any) and a button called ‘Create A Key’, click on this. You should see a new key in the list. You need to copy the string of characters in the API key field.
- Navigate back to your ticketscript account. Paste the API Key in the empty ‘Step 4’ field. Click on ‘Activate’.
- Using the drop down menu in ‘Step 5’ in the dashboard select the list you created in your Mailchimp account. Then click ‘Save’.
You’re all done, now your ticket buyer data will be automatically updated in your MailChimp account, ready for you to send those fancy emails about your upcoming events