With an acquisition, there is bound to be plenty of questions around what this actually means for you, the event organiser. Read on to find out the answers to those questions you might have on your mind and familiarise yourself with the benefits of moving to the Eventbrite platform. If you have any unaddressed questions, please get in touch with your account manager.
Why did Eventbrite acquire ticketscript?
- Eventbrite shares the same passion as ticketscript for live events with both companies’ values aligned when it comes to disrupting the traditional ticketing market with forward-thinking technology that gives the control back to event organisers. By combining resources, the goal is to provide event organisers with the best product and service offering that will allow you, the organiser, to further grow your business and sell even more tickets.
Why did ticketscript decide to sell the company?
- By joining Eventbrite, a company at the forefront of technological innovation in ticketing, with a fast expanding global footprint, ticketscript believed that together both companies would increase the value they deliver to customers across Europe.
Did the ticketscript founders remain with the company? What are their new roles?
- Yes, both Frans and Ruben stayed on at Eventbrite. Frans is General Manager of continental Europe, and Ruben joined the product team (HQ in San Francisco).
What effect does this have for me using the ticketscript platform?
- The long-term goal is to operate on the Eventbrite platform only, in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. We will do this in a thoughtful way, with appropriate notice, when the time is right, and as smoothly as possible for our customers. Please keep an eye on your inbox because we will be updating you on a regular basis.
What benefits does the Eventbrite product bring to current ticketscript customers?
- We see our product features as very complementary and are excited to bring Eventbrite functionality—like promotional tools, reserved seating capabilities, and the Eventbrite Organiser app—to help you, ticketscript customers, sell more tickets and improve your event experience.
What will happen with my customer data?
- Your customer data is available to you to download from the ticketscript dashboard at any time. Just as it always was with the ticketscript platform.
Will Eventbrite honour existing contracts?
- This acquisition won’t affect events that are live on the ticketscript platform.
- If you decide to take advantage of the additional features on the Eventbrite platform today, you can enter a new contract with Eventbrite on the current fee structure you have with ticketscript.
When will ticketscript users transition or migrate to Eventbrite?
- Now that ticketscript has been part of the Eventbrite family for the majority of 2017, the time has come for both parties to truly be one.
- As of December 1 2017, any new events must be created on Eventbrite. Events that are created before this date on ticketscript (and take place between December 1 2017 and September 1st 2018) will still be supported on the ticketscript platform.
- However, we strongly encourage you to join Eventbrite now – along with 600,000 other organisers – and be part of the world’s #1 event technology platform.
How will this acquisition change how event organisers use ticketscript?
- Events on ticketscript’s platform will not immediately be affected by the acquisition.
- ticketscript users who decide to change over to Eventbrite will benefit from the additional features Eventbrite offers today, as well as all future feature integrations and improvements to the platform. Current events on ticketscript will not be affected, nor will they see an immediate change as a result of this acquisition.
- If you’re interested in organising your existing or new event on the Eventbrite platform, please visit this page or contact your account manager.
How does the acquisition affect how attendees use ticketscript?
- Attendees who have purchased tickets to your event will still receive e-tickets from ticketscript and also have access to customer support for any queries relating to their purchase.
How does this acquisition benefit ticketscript organisers?
- We are very excited to have joined the Eventbrite family and be part of building the world’s leading event technology platform. With amazing functionality and features such as additional promotional tools, reserved seating capabilities, and the Eventbrite Organiser app, we are confident that your event will be even more successful in the future.
- Keep an eye on your email for more information on when we will move to the single Eventbrite platform.
I currently have events on sale with ticketscript; will I be able to continue selling tickets via ticketscript?
- Yes. Any event that you have live are not affected by the acquisition.
- If you are creating a new event, we encourage you to set this up on Eventbrite today.