Founded in 2006 we’re now Europe’s market leader in digital self-service ticketing with offices in Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Antwerp, and Barcelona with more than 150 employees. It’s our mission to help event organisers get the most from their online ticketing and yes, you’ve guessed it, sell more tickets. Our services are used by over 125,000 events, selling over 20m tickets across Europe for festivals, exhibitions, air shows, fairs, sports events and more. As a result we work with a wide range of renowned event organisers, both internationally and locally. These include Art of Dance (NL), Dutch Design Week (NL), Brighton Pride (UK), Tesco Wine Fair (UK), Waterstones (UK), Love Family Park (DE), Groezrock (BE) and Affordable Art Fair (INT).
What you’ll be doing
As a DevOps engineer you will be part of the DevOps division in our beloved IT department. Your primary objective is to make the experience of developing, testing and deploying code at ticketscript as painless and fast as possible!
– Making the experience of developing, testing and deploying code at ticketscript as painless and fast as possible!
– Designing, scaling out, and maintain our infrastructure.
– Maintain development stack (Git, LAMP, CentOS, Chef, Vagrant, MySQL).
– Manage automated testing environment (Bamboo, Cucumber, Behave Pro).
– Developing scripts and applications to automate system deployment, scaling and infrastructure.
– Implement zero-downtime production pushes.
– Provide proactive support for applications and infrastructure (including taking part in the 24×7 on-call rotation).
– Troubleshoot issues occurring on the production platform.
– Find new tools and technologies.
We are looking for a result-driven, responsible and positive minded addition to our team of awesome techies!
– At least 3 to 5 years of experience in software development, release engineering and/or systems administration; preferably a bit of all of the above.
– Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth startup environment.
– Experience with and profound knowledge Linux.
– Experience with and profound knowledge SaaS.
– Experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar tools.
– Solid scripting skills (Bash, Ruby and Python).
– A good understanding of continuous integration.
– Experience with Amazon Web Services is an advantage.
– Experience with TDD and automated testing is an advantage.
– Experience with debugging and performance analysis / optimization is an advantage.
– Experience with high volume websites is an advantage.
– Experience with Scrum or Kanban is an advantage.
Skills and competences
– A methodical and well organized approach to work.
– Ability to prioritize work and work very accurately.
– Work independently and under pressure.
– An uncontrollable desire to solve problems.
– A service minded attitude.
– Results driven attitude.
What we offer
We offer you the opportunity to work on a platform used by millions of users all over the globe. Our (international) team of technical experts always pushes the limits of technical capabilities to service our clients and ticket buyers with the best experience in online ticketing. You will have all the opportunities to deepen and expand your skills.
Ticketscript is a fast-growing technology company and even though we are not a start-up anymore, that same energy flows throughout the entire organisation. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam.
Perks to sweeten the deal
– Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
– Snacks and fruit
– As much (real!) coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
– An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
– Our infamous Christmas party which takes place in one of the cities we resident in. All employees will celebrate the end of a successful year together in either Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin or London.
Job type: Full-time
Job location(s): Amsterdam, The Netherlands
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV + motivation to email@example.com with the subject line “DevOps Engineer”.