Netherlands – Senior Frontend Developer
About the Company
We are ticketscript – the European market leaders in digital self-ticketing, ranked #34 in the Deloitte 2014 UK Technology Fast 50. Whether it’s massive dance events, festivals, gigs, outdoor cinemas, fairs, theatre shows, exhibitions, comedy nights, or award ceremonies – we do them all! We believe in empowering our customers. Their success is our success. So far over 90,000 events have worked with us, including brands such as MTV, Tesco Wine Fair and Ministry of Sound – and this is only the beginning. We have offices in London, Amsterdam, Antwerp, Berlin and Barcelona and are rapidly expanding across Europe.
As our senior frontend developer you will determine the front-end strategy and design of our future platform. You will work closely with our back-end developers in a highly skilled and professional Scrum-team. You will be up to date with the latest front-end technologies and know how to apply them. You identify and address performance bottlenecks and come up with solutions.
- Design and develop improvements for interaction design and usability;
- Identify and communicate best practices for (mobile) front-end engineering;
- Write and maintain quality front-end code;
- Ensure the application is fully functional cross-browser and cross-platform;
- Ensure that designs are perfectly translated to our application;
- Participate in the Scrum team and code reviews;.
Would you like to work in a professional environment with young and motivated colleagues? Then this is the job for you! We strive to use the latest technology and are always looking for ways to stay one step ahead of the competition. We focus on developing social media and mobile solutions to help our customers sell more tickets in a way that appeals to their audience.
Skills and competences
- 5+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Expert in web technologies (HTML(5)/CSS/JS, jQuery).
- Experience with Compass / Sass / Grunt
- Experience with PHP
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with performance debugging and benchmarking;
- Experience with responsive design;
- Experience with Zend Framework is an advantage;
- Experience with high volume websites is an advantage;
- Experience with Scrum is an advantage;
A competitive salary within an international and growing technology company that offers you the possibility to deepen your international career. You will join an energetic and results driven team based in Amsterdam.
And that’s not all. Extra benefits include:
- Drinks every Friday (to ease in the weekend)
- Snacks and fruit
- As much coffee, tea or soft drinks as you want
- An invitation to our office and departmental social events & parties throughout the year
- Our infamous Christmas which takes place in one of the cities we resident in. All employees will celebrate the end of a successful year together in either Amsterdam, Antwerp, Barcelona, Berlin or London.
Job type: Full-time (40 hrs)
Job location(s): Amsterdam, The Netherlands
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV + motivation to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Frontend Developer”.