February 25, 2014
Adding a ticketshop to your Facebook page is a matter of a couple of clicks with ticketscript. However, there may be occasions where you want your ticketshop published on multiple Facebook pages – perhaps affiliates or other partner pages.
Historically we have instructed clients to use third party apps to add their ticketshop to multiple Facebook pages. There is an alternative, which although a bit more complex, doesn’t rely on third party technology.
Integrating the ticketshop on multiple Facebook pages:
1. Before starting this process make sure that you have a fan page, and that you are an administrator
2. Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
If it’s your first time to this part of Facebook, you’ll be asked to login (if you aren’t already), you’ll then need to click on ‘Apps’ from the top menu bar and select ‘Add a new app’ from the drop down.
3. Choose Facebook canvas
4. Skip to create app (top right)
5. Type app name and same name without space
6. Click on ‘Settings’ on the left and then add app domains (shop.ticketscript.com), contact email (your contact details) and click on save
7. Click on add platform and select page tab. Paste the facebook URL and shop there, decide on your page tab name (Buy Tickets for example) and add the ticket image. Afterwards, click on ‘save changes’
example URL: https://shop.ticketscript.com/channel/web2/start-order/rid/RVKNFF9C/language/en?shop
8. Click on ‘status & review’ on the left and change to status to ‘public’
9. Click on ‘app details’ on the left and only upload the 16 x 16 small icon
10. Click on ‘dashboard’ on the left and copy app ID and canvas URL into this link by opening it in a separate tab/window.
Send the complete URL to your client and all they have to do is click on it and select the fan page they would like to add the shop to. It can then be used for multiple fan pages.